Wednesday, July 12, 2006

celebrity, documentary, performance

As some of you may have noticed, I've been posting, commenting and generally acting out over at a nice, friendly, collective film studies blog called Dr. Mabuse's Kaleido-Scope.

My Mabuse posts are here. I'll put this link in my sidebar soon.

Unless I just keep doing this when I need desparate help with questions of celebrity, documentary and performance. Click on that link to find my lastest call for help.



Or save yourself the trouble: I was wondering, does anyone know of a nice solid documentary studies article on the early origins and/or trajectory of the celebrity bio-pic? I'm thinking of something that maybe ties together, say, the appearance of Annie Oakley or Sandow or Queen Victoria as their famous selves with the current strain of celebrity documentaries and then throws in, for good measure, the emphasis on performative identity in the direct cinema period . . . Or really an article that links ANY of the above, if not all.

Answer it here, there or via email and I will give credit where credit is due.

1 Comments:

Blogger zoe p. said...

I'm always here, but its hard to hate the New Yorker in the absence of said general interest periodical. What is there now to throw across the room? NPR is driving me crazy, now that I think of it.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]